Form was filled out and downloaded 3,573 times already

Fillable Form DS-64: Report Lost or Stolen Passport

A passport reported as lost or stolen becomes invalid and can no longer be used for travel purposes. By law, any person using a lost or stolen passport in entering United States, after it is reported on a DS-64, may be detained.

  • fill online FILL ONLINE
  • fill online EMAIL
  • fill online SHARE
  • fill online ANNOTATE

What is Form DS-64?

Form DS-64, or Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Book and/or Card, is a legal form that U.S. passport holders use to report a lost or stolen passport book and/or card and to start the replacement process. By filling out and submitting the form, you will be able to notify the U.S. Department of State.

If your passport gets lost or stolen, your obligation is to notify the necessary authorities immediately. Doing so will protect you from fraud and avoid unlawful border crossing using your identity. When the U.S. Department of State receives your Form DS-64, it will create a record in the Consular Lost and Stolen Passport System and your passport will become invalid. Take note that even if you find your lost passport later, it will still be considered invalid. There is no deadline for the submission of this form; however, to prevent the misuse of your passport if found by fraudsters, be sure to submit the form as soon as you realize it was lost or stolen.

How to Fill Out Form DS-64?

Form DS-64 is a single-page document that requires your identifying information, lost or stolen U.S. passport book or card information, and signature and date of application. It has three sections that have straightforward and easy-to-follow instructions.

Before completing the sections, you must first select if you are reporting a lost or stolen U.S. passport book or card or both.

1 — Identifying Information

For this section, you need to provide the following:

  • Last Name
  • First Name
  • Middle Name
  • Information regarding a change in your legal name, if applicable
  • Sex
  • Date of Birth
  • Place of Birth
  • Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Current Address
  • Telephone Number
  • Alternative Telephone Number
  • E-mail Address

For inapplicable contact information, you may write “none.”

2 — Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Book/Card Information

This section inquires into the circumstances of your lost or stolen passport. You must answer the questions completely, as it will allow the U.S. Department of State to alert appropriate government offices and people to reduce the risk of identity theft. It would help if you can be as specific as possible.

In the latter part of this section, you will need to provide details about your lost U.S. passport book or card, including its number and issue date.

3 — Signature and Date

Validate all the information you provided by signing and dating the application. For applicants who are under 16 years old, the signatures of both parents are required.


If aside from reporting your lost or stolen passport you are applying for a new passport, submit Form DS-64 together with a filled out Form DS-11.

If you do not need a new passport, you only need to file Form DS-64. You should attach a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license or a state-issued identification card, when you submit the form.

If a minor who lost his or her passport only has one guardian, DS-64 must be sent with a court order certifying this fact.


Once you have completed Form DS-64, you should mail it to:


U.S. Department of State


4th Floor

1150 Passport Services PL

Dulles, VA 20189-1150


Keywords: form ds 64 passport form ds 64 ds 64 lost passport ds64 form forms lost passport ds 64 online us passport form

Related Forms

You May Also Like

Are you looking for another form or document?

site badges site badges site badges site badges site badges site badges site badges