Fill and sign DL-64 or DMV License Replacement- Texas online and download in PDF.
What is Form DL-64?
There may be an instance wherein your driver’s license or identification card has been lost, stolen, or damaged, and you need to apply for a replacement of your card. There may also be another instance wherein you move to a different address within Texas, and you need to have your address updated on your DL or ID card.
Whichever the case, in applying for a replacement or a change of address for your DL or ID card, you would need to fill out Form DL-64 or the Application for Change of Address or Replacement on Valid Texas Driver License (DL), Commercial Driver License (CDL) & Identification Card (ID) Form.
Am I required to submit this form?
You have to submit this form only if you need to have the address on your license changed, or you have to obtain a replacement driver’s license or identification card.
If you wish to have other details in your license changed, such as your name or ID photo, you do not have to fill out this form. Rather, you must visit your local driver license office for your application.
You also have to submit this form only if you opt to have your replacement or change of address done through the mail. If you choose to show up in the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) in person to apply for a replacement or change of address, you will be asked to fill out a different form instead (DL-43 Form or the Texas Driver’s License Renewal Application Form).
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, you are eligible for replacement or change of address on your DL or ID card if you comply with any of the following:
- Your driver license or ID card is not expired.
- If your card has expired and you must change your address, apply for a DL or ID card renewal and indicate there your updated address.
- You are at least 18 years old and your license is not a provisional or learning license
- You are a US citizen
- Your social security number is on file with DPS
What if my new address is outside of Texas?
Form DL-64 is required for Texas residents only. If you are from Texas and you wish to update your address in your DL or ID card after moving out of Texas, then you would have to apply for a license card renewal in the state you are in. Visit your state’s driver’s license office for more information about their procedures for change of address of DL or ID card.
How to fill out Form DL-64?
Get a copy of DL-64 or DMV License Replacement- Texas template in PDF format.
The form is two pages long. Make sure to read the instructions thoroughly before filling out the form to avoid mistakes during the process.
On the first page of the form, you are asked to input your personal information. The information that you input here must match the details in your existing driver’s license or ID card (except for the address if you’re applying for a change of address).
- Driver License Number
- Identification Card Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Social Security Number
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name/ Birth Surname
- Residence Address (indicate here your recent address)
- Mailing Address (indicate here your recent address, if applicable)
Donations/ Organ Donor Registration
On the right side of the form, there are additional questions that you also have to answer. The items will ask you if you want to:
- Donate to the Glenda Dawson Donate Life - Texas Registry Program*
- Register as an organ donor
- Donate as support for Texas Veterans*
- Donate for the funding of rape kits and support for survivors of sexual assault*
- Donate for the issuance of a DL/ID card for foster or homeless youth*
Check the boxes corresponding to your answer.
* If you check yes to these items, indicate the amount that you want to donate in the space provided in each item. Your donation may amount to $1 or more.
Veteran or Disabled Veteran Designator
On the bottom part of the form, you are asked if you want a Veteran designator or a Disabled Veteran designator on your DL or ID card. Checking “Yes” to any of these would require you to submit additional documents. You will also be asked if you would like to include your branch of service in your DL or ID. Read the given instructions in the form for further clarification.
Your application for replacement or change of address on your DL or ID card can also be counted as an application for voter’s registration. You are asked if you want to register as a voter using this form.
If you check “Yes”, the information that you will be providing in this form will be automatically transmitted to the Secretary of State and will be counted as a voter registration.
You are also asked if you would like to provide two emergency contacts, which authorities or concerned citizens could contact in the event of injury or death. List the details of your emergency contacts on the space provided.
United States Selective Service
Any male US citizen at least 18 but younger than 26 years of age who submits his accomplished Form DL-64 also consents to registration with the United States Selective Service System. For more information on this matter please read the United States Selective Service section of the form.
Lastly, you will be required to sign the form. By signing the form, you are affirming that the information you have provided is correct and factual. Your signature also signifies that you consent to any of the conditions presented in the form.
- If you have agreed to register as a voter through this form, your signature would also affirm that you are qualified to be a voter. Providing false information just to procure a voter registration is a crime and it could subject you to being fined, getting imprisoned, or both.
How to Submit Form DL-64?
The form has an application fee of $10. Submit your accomplished Form DL-64 together with a $10 check or money order to the following address:
Texas Department of Public Safety
PO Box 149008
- DO NOT mail in cash payments.
- If you checked “Yes” on items that require you to donate, send a check or money order amounting to the application fee ($10) plus the donation amount.
Start filling out a DL-64 or DMV License Replacement- Texas sample and export in PDF.