What is the Alabama Driving Record Request form?
Form MV-DPPA1, Request for Motor Vehicle Records form, or also referred to as the Alabama Driving Record Request form, is a state-level form by the Motor Vehicle Division of the Alabama Department of Revenue. Drivers in the state of Alabama can use the form to request their driving records.
Who can use the Alabama Driving Record Request form?
The Alabama Driving Record Request form is exclusive to holders of an Alabama driver’s license. In some cases, a third party may obtain the driving record of an individual, given that they are eligible to obtain the records; the person whose personal information is being requested should provide his or her legal consent.
How to fill out the Alabama Driving Record Request form?
Fill out the single-page Alabama Driving Record Request form accurately and correctly to avoid any problems with your request.
Last Year Registered in Alabama
Enter the most recent year you registered as a driver in Alabama.
License Plate Number
Enter your license plate number.
List Year(s) To Be Searched
Enter the year or years you want to be searched for your driving records.
Enter the make of your vehicle.
Enter the model of your vehicle.
Enter the year of your vehicle.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Enter your Vehicle Identification Number.
Note: All VINs for 1981 and subsequent year model vehicles that conform to federal anti-theft standards are required to have 17 digits or characters.
Owner’s Full Name
Enter your full legal name.
Spouse’s Name, If Known
Enter the name of your spouse, if applicable.
Enter your full residence address, including City, State, and ZIP.
In the appropriate space provided, enter the alphabet character which corresponds to the Permitted Personal Information Disclosure Class qualifying you to receive the requested information. The following are the codes:
- A — A vehicle owner may obtain a copy of his or her motor vehicle registration and or title record by written request using the Alabama Driving Record Request form and upon payment of the appropriate fees.
- B — To request information on vehicles owned by a corporation, proprietorship, partnership, limited liability partnership, associations, estates, trusts, or entities other than individuals.
- C — Personal information may be disclosed to any requester if such person demonstrates by furnishing the Alabama Driving Record Request form or by providing some other document that has been signed by the person requesting the information and the person whose personal information is subject to be released by giving express consent to the release of the information. A new form must be filed for each subsequent request.
Personal information may be disclosed to any person by the Department on proof of the identity of the person requesting a record or records and by the representation by such person that the use of the personal information will be strictly limited to one or more of the following described uses:
- D — For use by any government agency, including any court or law enforcement agency, in carrying out its functions, or any private person or entity acting on behalf of a government agency in carrying out its function;
- E — For use in connection with matters of motor vehicle or driver safety and theft; motor vehicle emissions; motor vehicle product alterations, recalls, or advisories; performance monitoring of motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts and dealers, motor vehicle market research activities, including survey research; and removal of non-owner records from the original owner records of motor vehicle manufacturers;
- F — For use in the normal course of business by a legitimate business or its agents, employees, or contractors, but only
- to verify the accuracy of personal information submitted by the individual to the business or its agents, employees, or contractors, and
- if such information as so submitted is not correct or is no longer correct, to obtain the correct information, but only for the purposes of preventing fraud by, pursuing legal remedies against, or recovering on a debt security interest against, the individual;
- G — For use in connection with any civil, criminal, administrative, or arbitral proceeding in any court or government agency or before any self-regulatory body, including the service or process, investigation in anticipation of litigation, and the execution of enforcement of judgment and orders, or pursuant to an order of the court;
- H — For use in research activities, and for use in producing statistical reports, so long as the personal information is not published, redisclosed, or used to contact the individuals, and with the express consent of the individual owner whose personal information is subject to be released;
- I — For use by any insurer or insurance support organization, or by a self-insured entity, or its agents, employees, or contractors, in connection with claims investigation activities, anti-fraud activities, rating or underwriting;
- J — For use in providing notice to the owners of towed, impounded, unclaimed and abandoned vehicle;
- K — For use by any licensed private investigative agency or licensed security service for any purpose permitted under this section; (the requestor agency must furnish a copy of their business license and must provide an additional class code to qualify);
- L — For use in connection with the operation of private toll transportation facilities;
- M — For any other use specifically authorized by law that is related to the operation of a motor vehicle or public safety.
Mark the appropriate box to determine the record you are requesting. You may select:
- A registration record for each year to be searched — $5 per year
- The current title record including owner and lienholder — $5 per vehicle
- The complete title history of the vehicle listed above — $ per vehicle
Enter the total amount of the records you are requesting.
Note: Title records are not available for trailers and manufactured homes more than 20 model years old or motor vehicles more than 35 model years old.
Requesting Individual, Company, Association, or Firm
Enter your name or the organization requesting.
Enter your telephone number.
Signature of the Requestor
Affix your signature.
Enter the date you signed the form.
Enter the name of the person or organization you are representing, if applicable.
Enter your full address, including City, State, and ZIP Code.
Authorization by Vehicle Owner or Lessee, to Release Personal Information to Requestor
Complete this section if you are the owner and allowing a third party to request your driving records.
Signature of Owner or Lessee
Affix your signature.
Enter your full legal name.
Enter your full address, including the City, State, and ZIP Code.
A notary public needs to certify the form by providing the date he or she signed the form, affixing his or her signature, and entering the date his or her authority to notarize expires.