Human resources forms are documents used by the Human Resource Department of a company. They are used to document employee records, company procedures, and policies and are essential for the documentation process of a company or organization, which the human resources use in their five core functions.
Understanding Human Resources
Human resources (HR) is a business division or a group of people in a company handling five core functions — staffing, development, compensation, safety and health, and employee and labor relations. They manage all employee-related concerns, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, firing, scheduling, training, and acquiring salary and benefits. They also contribute to strategic planning and serve as a mediator in disagreements within the workplace.
The five core functions of Human Resources
The following are the core functions of human resources:
- Staffing. Staffing involves recruiting and hiring new full-time and part-time employees, terminating employee contracts, and negotiating employee salaries and benefits.
- Development. Preparing and training new employees for their roles are the HR department's tasks. It includes explaining their job description and providing training opportunities like conferences and other learning sources. HR also provides feedback or evaluation for both managers and employees for performance and company development.
- Compensation. Managing the salary and benefits of the employees are core functions of the HR department. It involves identifying salary based on role, performance, and legal requirements, discussing compensation raises, and negotiating benefits such as health insurance rates and retirement plans.
- Safety and Health. The HR department is also in charge of ensuring the company and its employees' safety and health. It includes ensuring compliance with legal requirements and implementing safety measures in the workplace.
- Employee and Labor Relations. In events of disputes in the workplace, the HR department mediates between management and employees or employees to other employees. Employee and labor relations involve defending the rights and welfare of every workforce.
Human resources forms you may use
If an employee unknowingly or knowingly breaches a company protocol, the human resources may send an Employee Warning Notice to warn him or her of the misconduct and its consequences. It is a letter that sets out the unsatisfactory actions of an employee and the ways to improve or solve them.
An Accrued Benefits Statement or Accumulated Benefit Statement is a form that outlines an employee's accrued benefits. Accrued benefits are the compensations an employee accumulates at a later period, such as sick pay, personal time off, health insurance, and other incentives.
An Employee Information form contains records of the former and current employees of a company. It includes the duration of employment, job position, and contact information. It can be used to document or measure company growth and population and contact reference for emergency and other work-related purposes.
Use an Employee Appreciation Letter to show appreciation to an employee for doing his or her job well. It is a letter that helps companies express their appreciation for employees' contributions.
An Employee Benefits Survey Form is used to survey the employees' satisfaction regarding a company's benefits. The feedback generated from the survey helps a company improve unsatisfactory benefits.
A Promotion Confirmation Letter or Transfer Confirmation Letter is used to confirm an employee promotion, outlining key information, including the new job position, salary increase, and effective date.
Although a cellphone is an essential communication tool, it may cause distraction in the workplace. Most employers use an Employee Cell Phone Policy Letter to remind and notify employees regarding the regulations of using cellphones during work hours.
An Employment Contract is a form used to set out the agreement between an employer and a newly-hired employee. It contains information about the nature of work, compensation, benefits, and other conditions of employment.
An Employee Vacation Request Form or Vacation Request Form is used to document employee time-offs, sick leaves, and other vacation requests. Employees may also use it to ask permission from their employees to take time off from work. They may also use Sick Leave, Maternity Leave Letter of Intent, Leave of Absence Letter, and Family and Medical Leave Form for this matter.
An Employee Performance Evaluation Form is used to record the evaluation of an employee's performance in a specific period. It is an essential tool to identify an employee's weakness and evaluate it for further improvement. Other evaluation forms you may use include Interview Evaluation Form, Job Applicant Evaluation Form, and Employee Self Evaluation Form.
Some companies offer a referral incentive to employees who refer potential candidates for a job position. If the candidate was hired, the employee who referred him or her will receive an incentive. A Referral Incentive Program Form or Referral Incentive Program for Hiring Employees Letter is designed for this purpose. It contains the bonus structure and the terms and agreements of the incentive program.
An Employee Complaint Form may serve as a written notice regarding a dispute in the workplace. It is a document that outlines grievances regarding inappropriate actions witnessed in the workplace.
A Notice of Termination due to Work Rules Violation is a document used to notify an employee that he or she is subject to employment termination. Termination is due to unresolved work rules violations after the first warning or the employee has committed a serious offense. A Notice of Termination due to Work Rules Violation includes information about the accrued benefits or final paycheck the employee will receive from the company.
A company may lay off or downsize its employee population due to a crisis or other business reasons. Employees may be temporarily suspended or permanently terminated. A Layoff Announcement Letter is a document used by employers to announce or inform employees about the layoff. It includes the employer's promise to help the employees find job opportunities while waiting for their company to operate again and the benefits they will receive.
- DA 759-3
- Ohio Personal Property Bill of Sale (Sold As-Is)
- 8863 (2019)
- DA 3999-3-R
- Schedule R (Form 941)
- DA 3947-1
- Notice of Right to Reclaim Property Commercial Others
- 4797 (2017)
- Louisiana LLC Articles of Organization
- Connecticut Vehicle Registration (H-13B)
- Commercial Property Owners Guide to Earthquake Safety
- 990 W (2018)
- AR-11 Alien Change of Address Card
- Iowa LLC Certificate of Organization
- 8038-CP (2020)
- Arizona LLC Articles of Organization
- Commercial Building Rules and Regulations
- Purchase Agreement
- Debt Forgiveness Letter